November 25, 2010

Psalm 18:6

"In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." Psalm 18:6 (NIV)
A simple small cry
muttered from the corners of my lips
like a balloon unconsciously felted
from the clasp of a child's hands
floating up to the heavens:
God save me.
God hears the cry
and catches the balloon
while my brain has already
returned to its high-wired pace of thinking.
The cry is gone.
I think of it no more. A split second my brain has dwelled on it.
Meanwhile
God dwells on it. He latches onto it,
proud of His child. He is needed.
He is desired.
The balloon pops with the touch of His finger,
and the fragments of despair are
transformed
into the remnants of
hope,
remnants which scatter back to me on earth.
Hope showers me.
Hope clings to me.
Hope saves me.

[written August 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers