June 7, 2011

A Brokenhearted Cry

You bid me to come, your arms open wide
But I'd rather retreat into a ball and hide
My dirt-smeared face and blood-splattered hands
Disguise all my brokenness as if you can't
See it and heal it and make me new
No I'm far too dirty for pure hands like you

Why is it so hard to forgive myself when you've already done it all for me
Why is it so hard to accept myself when you look at me and see no iniquity

No iniquity, ha, what eyes do you use
Show me cause I wanna see the way you do
You're not the problem, no you never were
How could you be, perfection is your character
It's me who hinders and me who impedes
It's me who refuses to see what you see
I'm drenched in guilt, shame hugs me tight
From the bottom of my broken heart I cry
I'm sorry for my stubbornness, my foolishness and lack
In taking hold of the liberty you died to give back
My blackened heart sinks in a pool of despair
And I cry with all that's left in there:

I need you, I need you, there's nothing left to say
I need you, I need you, I just can't bear to live this way

1 comment:

  1. you do use words for God's glory! Bless you, Ronia.

    ReplyDelete

Followers