June 21, 2011

In Light of the Truth

Morning by morning I wake and partake
In the reflection of myself, but the mirror's a mistake
It spews at me lies and it blindfolds my eyes
Its deceptions are my chains and its falsehoods my ties
It tells me though there's mercy every morning, I'm not worthy
To receive it, don't deserve it, cause I'm worthless and I'm dirty
Though He died for my forgiveness, I just somehow can't accept it
Because failing, I continue, without fail, till I'm rejected
But I need to see myself in light of the truth
I need to see myself in light of the truth

(chorus)
The truth is I have been reborn
And I'm purified, I'm white as snow
The truth is I have a power in me
Who's strength brings life out of my misery
And births forth freedom from my captivity
The truth is I've traded my sorrow for rejoicing,
Ashes for beauty and my mourning for dancing
You are the Truth and I'm hidden in you
In light of the truth I am beautiful and new

Evening by evening dejectedly you lay
Delusions clog your mind like waves crash violently at bay
Another failed attempt, another waste of a day
You're not worth the breath you breathe, your existence is in vain
But you forget the path that's paved, and the death that made a way
The debt he died to pay, and the lives that have thus been saved
All of this, all of this, to release your mind from lies
You're worthy, oh you're worthy, one drop of his blood has cleansed your life

(chorus)

1 comment:

Followers